Kentucky Derby - Kentucky Derby Contest 2010 - Horse Racing Contest Kentucky Derby 2010 Bracket Contest Horseracing Contest Kentucky Derby Odds Kentucky Derby
Would you like to win $2,500 ? Come along and pick your favorite horses. Just follow these 2 easy Steps: Register and Make your Contest Picks. Check out our 'How to Play' section for a better understanding of the Kentucky Derby Contest.
Start winning today!
Kentucky Derby Odds at JazzSports.com
Kentucky Derby Tips
- Only select horses you feel have a good chance of winning.
- If you don't like a horse, don't pick it.
- Give preference to winners. Choose a horse that has won before.
- Avoid selecting on a horse that has just moved up in class.
- Look for value odds as much as likely winners. If you keep looking for them, you will learn to spot them fairly quickly.
- Look for a horse that has a fair chance of winning and is not overly backed. This is usually a good value bet in the long run. On odds of say, 10:1, you need to win once in ten attempts to break even. Anything more is net profit. Horses backed heavily by touting services and computer handicappers may win more often, but are usually poor value bets.
- When the track is slow or heavy, give preference to fast starters. Slow, muddy and heavy track conditions usually favor the horse that takes an early lead.
- A straight bet is simple, manageable and not too difficult to win. Play it but always weigh up the odds. Avoid favorites and long shots (outsiders) too. Be selective - don't bet on anything or everything.
- When betting straight, consider betting to win and show, or each-way, if the odds are relatively high.
Kentucky Derby 2011 Standings
|Click Here to See Top 100|
SPORTS NEWS by OddsAndNews.com
New Orleans, LA (SportsNetwork.com) - Senior citizen trainer Tom McCarthy made a name for himself in 2009 by winning the Blue Grass Stakes wit... Full Story
Bracket Contest - All Contest List
- Suicide/Survivor Contest
- Gridiron GiveAway Contest
- Basketball Madness Contest
- College BCS Contest